2015 Summer Checklist - Washington, DC
For the past several years (okay, sporadically), we've been building a seasonal bucket list. DC has so many varied and unique events going on, it's nice to have them tacked on the fridge to inspire our weekends.
So. Here's this year's. Suggestions welcome!
- Pick strawberries
- Visit a farmer’s market
- Ride the train at Cabin John
- Go to the water park
- Build a tent (and sleep in it!)
- Visit the National Zoo
- Visit the Baltimore Aquarium
- Visit the National Geographic Museum
- Ride on the merry-go-round on the Mall
- Go to the Hirshorn Sculpture Garden
- See DC from the Old Post Office Tower
- Go to a Nationals game!
- Visit Eastern Market
- Visit Brookside Gardens
- Go fishing!
- The musical soundscape at Dumbarton Oaks
Vintage postcard source: Boston Public Library